Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Thoughts on My Own Delinquency...

I need to apologize...

I began this blog on a day I had off of work.  Since that day, I have been extraordinarily busy!  Working with children, as many people are aware, can be exhausting.  On top of that, I only like to post items that I have written if I am 100% confident they are grammatically correct and meaningful.  Hopefully that explains my tardiness, seeing as how it has been quite a while since I have last written.  Long story short - I am sorry!

Now, on to more exciting and important things, to solve the mystery of what book has me so spellbound, it is a lovely book by the title "The Red Tent," by Anita Diamant.  I will not go into too much detail (as I have not yet finished it,) however, I will say, that it is a glorious tale of the relationships between women and how essential these relationships are in our lives.  It is solely based around the biblical figures Jacob and his four wives, and narrated by his one and only daughter, Dinah.  Truly a wonderful read!

In addition to working like a mad woman and reading, I have been on a quest to find the perfect grocery store.  My husband and I have jumped feet first into the world of coupons and bargain shopping in an effort to be as financially responsible as possible.  However, we have found that more often than not, there are not always coupons for what you need.  In addition to that, when one particular store has a large sale on certain items, their other basic items may be more expensive than another store.  

I feel like this is a losing battle.  

We are getting quite frustrated and just want to know how to save some money on every day items!  If it were up to me, I would live on a chunk of land in the middle of no where and do my best be like Laura in the Little House on the Prairie books/show.  I wish it were easier to be completely self-sufficient and not so reliant on all modern conveniences.  Ugh.  That is what I have to say about that.

I will, however, remain optimistic.  We are trying out a new grocery store tonight that is having a pretty good sale, so that should be interesting.  I feel like such a dork, I'm a 24 year old woman who's Saturday night plans consist of trying out a new grocery store in an attempt to save money.  I don't know, is that funny?  Or just sad?

Moving on, my poor little kitty, Zoe, was just spayed yesterday.  I cried a little bit.  I think it is really hard taking these tiny animals in and not having them know what going to happen to them.  I felt like a monster.  Now she is home and I am her nurse.  I have literally been feeding her out of the palm of my hand, rubbing her head and sneaking her pain medication inside of treats.  I'm praying for a speedy recovery!

Another topic that has been on my mind is SPRING!  It's so close I can almost taste it!  I have already bought some seed packets for my vegetable garden, my patience is growing thin because I want to dig down in that dirt and see some little plants sprouting!  Furthermore, I cannot wait to sign up for our first CSA.  What is that, you may wonder?  CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture.  Essentially, it's when someone, like myself, pays money to a farm or "buys a share," and is rewarded with fresh, organic produce each week.  Luckily for my husband and I, we are surrounded by nothing but farms so we have our pick of the litter, so to speak.  Most CSAs range from $20-35 a week, so essentially what you might spend at the grocery store on produce anyhow and this comes to you straight from the farm, it is organic and you are helping to support your community.  I am in the planning stages of one whole blog entry about this where I will discuss the contenders, the pros of each, the cons of each and of course, which one we choose to "invest" in!  I'm very excited!

Lastly, my husband and I have been majorly struck by spring fever and are planning several projects around our house.  Now our house, which we purchased in 2009, was built in 2005 and is fairly new and contemporary.  However, it was a foreclosure and needs some tender loving care.  Plus we are still in the process of making it our own.  I am thinking I am going to need to upload pictures when we are done! 

For now, that is pretty much it for me!  I promise to try harder to write more frequently!  But now, I need to get back to my little Zoe!  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment