Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Thoughts on Writing...

Hi!  I'm Jamie.  This is my first official blog.  I could not help but to smile just then.  This is exciting!  I am a young woman in her twenties, so of course I have used other popular means of social networking to write "notes" or "comments," however, this feels different.  This feels liberating and much, much more personal.  

Considering this is my first official blog, I think it is necessary to explain a little bit about who I am, what my life is currently like and my motivation behind this.

So, to begin with, I am a bit of a talker.  Not so much because I like the sound of my own voice, however pleasant it may be, but simply because I have a voice and because I have a lot to say.  Had my husband known I would talk his ear off every single morning in the car ride to work and on the way home, perhaps he wouldn't be my husband.

The point is, I need an outlet.  Life is, well, life just is.  There is so much that happens to us.  So much that we must experience, things big and small.  I for one, am certainly not the type of person who can keep my thoughts inside.  I feel like what makes all of us human is a yearning for connection.  And more often than not, when I experience something or have an opinion about something, I want to connect with people.  I want to share my thoughts and ideas.  That is why I have joined the wonderful world of blogging.

So, now that leaves you wondering what in the world will this lady be blogging about?  I will now tell you a bit about myself and what I may or may not share thoughts on so you can decide whether or not reading any of this will be worth your time.

I am a newlywed woman in her twenties, and you can bet your bottom dollar I will be writing about that.  Ahhh relationships... One of God's greatest gifts to us, the ability to share so much of ourselves with another person.  My husband, well, he is incredible.  However that story, is for a different day all together.  

This passage brings me to another topic I will be writing about.  Being the young person that I am, I am on what I call a spiritual quest.  I consider myself a Christian and whole-heartedly believe in the Lord above and am always on a journey to learn more and do more to be the best possible version of myself.

Some other issues I will more than likely have thoughts on and therefore write about will be that I am of the large variety.  Yes, yes, yes, I am an overweight gal.  It's partly genetic and partly, well, you know those great excuses we are all pros at making.  I'm one of the very best you could ever find when it comes to those excuses, I could blame society, fast food chains, the couch, my job, the list goes on.  What it boils down to is I like food and dislike exercise.  However that is another adventure I am hoping to begin and will definitely be writing about.

Which brings me to another topic I may be writing about!  Yay!  I have begun a quest with my husband to live a healthier lifestyle.  Yes, we actually look at the ingredients in a food item before we put it in the shopping cart now.  We do not live 100% organically because it's very expensive, but we are certainly doing what we can, when we can.

Let's see now, in addition to my relationship, my body type, my lifestyle, I will probably also touch on the fact that my husband and I do not have children but dearly dearly want them and will be planning for a family in the future.  As well as the fact that I work with children, that's a super fun topic! And that I am a bit of a weirdo.  You see, all of these people out there who like these new gadgets and gizmos that will do just about anything now, well I am sort of the opposite.  And according to my husband, that makes me a bit odd.  Let me give you an example:  

My husband and I are a bit frugal, that is nicer than saying cheap.  While turning our house into a home, I decided we were missing some important elements that truly affect the atmosphere.  Candles.  However, at just about every store, the candles were like a million dollars!  (Okay, that is a total exaggeration, but I have seen them go up as far as $50. Ridiculous!)  So, this is where my oddness comes in.  I decided I was not comfortable paying any of those prices for something I was just going to light on fire anyway, so I got to thinking one day and decided...How hard can it be to make candles?  And that was all it took.  Now I make my own!  I've taught family members, neighbors and given them as gifts.   It's truly wonderful.  

I guess the moral of this little story is that I believe in the practicality and awesomeness of homemade.  That is for sure something I will be writing about.  I plan on gardening this spring and summer.  I also hope to learn many skills that may be new to me, but are traditional.  Such as making more complex meals, canning, quilting, knitting (tried that once before - miserable failure.)  Anyhow, the list goes.  I am ambitious and hope to fill my brain with practical skills that can be useful and fun!  Finally, I seriously enjoy interior design,  I always have projects or ideas for projects in my head.  I'm a super visual person and love decorating.  So I'd imagine writing about that is in the near future as well.

I think that about sums it up.  I am positive I will occasionally deviate from these few topics, however, these items are what I spend a majority of my time thinking about.  If you think any of these topics interest you, please stay tuned as I will do my absolute best to give you the details so you if you are a newlywed, somewhat overweight, trying to change your lifestyle, or interested in spirituality, do-it-yourself projects or decorating, we can all do it together!  Why not?  It could be really fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there pretty lady! I think this is going to be my new favorite blog!
    I can't wait to read all of your thoughts! Dont forget to talk about my favorite topic, buddy the elf!
    Your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start a new adventure! That was the reason I started my own blog . . . just so many thoughts on so many things. Blogging is a wonderful outlet for external processing and finding out there are other people in the most unexpected places on the same journey you are on.

    Can't wait to hear more about the things you are taking on! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete